Weld quality assurance is the use of technological methods and actions to test or assure the quality of welds, and secondarily to confirm the presence, location and coverage of welds. In manufacturing, welds are used to join two or more metal surfaces. Because these connections may encounter loads and fatigue during product lifetime, there is a chance they may fail if not created to proper specification.
Prior to welding a joint it is incumbent on the fabricator to establish a number of factors to ensure he is familiar with all parameters and requirements relating to the joint.
- What is the required quality level to be achieved.
- What is the acceptance criteria.
- Does the weld need to comply with the PED (pressure equipment directive), CE marking or ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Is there a suitably approved weld procedure for the joint.
- Is the welder qualified within the terms of the approved procedure.
- Have the parameters of the procedure been adhered to.
- Control and certification of consumables.
- Control and certification for parent material.
- Amperage and polarity.
- Requirements for pre heat / control of cooling.
Weld testing and analysis
Methods of weld testing and analysis are used to assure the quality and correctness of the weld after it is completed. This term generally refers to testing and analysis focused on the quality and strength of the weld but may refer to technological actions to check for the presence, position and extent of welds.
We offer a wide range of third party welding inspection mechanical (destructive) and Non-destructive examinations (NDE).
Our services are backed up by an established team of highly skilled PCN/ASNT approved technicians, well equipped facilities and internationally recognised accreditations.
We work with manufacturers to help them ensure their welding processes meet the requirements necessary to consistently manufacture products of a high quality and to assist them in complying with industry recognised international and national codes and standards.